Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Cemal Bayramoglu <jW...@cabouge.com> on 2010/10/04 11:28:54 UTC

[JOB] Developer with exceptional OO, Java, Wicket skills. Scala a plus.

We are looking for one, possibly two more very talented developers to
join jWeekend's team.

You will have exceptionally strong OO, Java and Wicket skills, and
already be deeply into, or have a strong desire to become highly
proficient in Scala. You already enjoy writing clean JavaScript, XHTML
and CSS.

You see the value of and enjoy writing sensible tests and are
experienced enough to know no work is complete until you have
thoroughly tested it. You are also the type that loves to discuss
ideas, concepts and share knowledge, but can concentrate well and work
efficiently alone too.

Frameworks you already use, or are keen to master, include
Spring/Guice/JPA2 and possibly GWT/SmartGWT. Our current projects
include architecting, designing and building scalable event driven
infra-structure, plenty of knowledge transfer, some Drools, and,
naturally, state of the art web-application development. Creating
Scala DSLs looks like becoming increasingly relevant to us. Some of
our work is confidential/sensitive, so integrity and good-judgement is
essential.

You will generally be contributing on multiple jWeekend projects at a
time, both internally (R&D or product development) and for our small
number of close clients in a variety of industries, where you will be
confident to pick up and be productive with their applications/code
and new frameworks/technologies we need to use without fuss.

You will be encouraged, and even given work time, to contribute to
open source projects we support like wiQuery, and to (at least) test
and provide patches for Wicket 1.5.

It is not required, but if you would like to, you could be given the
opportunity to work on course material and even deliver training if
you consistently demonstrate the essential qualities.

Although you may be able to work from home when appropriate, you will
also be happy to be on client-site (suit and tie) whenever it's
required, even for longer assignments, or at our office, so, it is our
preference that you are living in London. For an exceptional developer
that demonstrates the ability to comfortably and efficiently
communicate with the the rest of the team and demonstrates excellent
integrity, we may reevaluate this.

A visa to work in UK (preferably anywhere in Europe) may be essential,
and it would be a bonus if you can work in the USA too. If you are
coming from abroad to work with us we will help you settle in London.

You most likely have at least 3 years solid experience with all
aspects of core Java on professional quality projects, to supplement
your excellent bachelors or masters degree.

You can expect a GBP30k-GBP55k package (comprised of a fixed basic and
revenue sharing, with negotiable format) in your first year with us if
you are based in London, or, the equivalent remuneration for such a
role/your experience in your locality if you are not in London. In
exceptional circumstances, we can review initial terms after as little
as 6 months.

If you are not the type to study books like "Effective Java", or
"JavaScript, the Good Parts" and try out new technologies just for
fun, or to master Scala by reading Odersky and, importantly, writing
lots of code (which you can also keep well organised and documented so
others can learn from it later), then you're probably not going to be
a perfect match. We operate in a sometimes demanding environment, with
knowledgeable, confident and sometimes forthright clients and
colleagues, so shrinking violets could find it tough too.

Please contact me [1] including bullets highlighting your
experience/skills/passions and have a CV ready for when we get back to
you because we can arrange interviews as early as this week.

Regards - Cemal
jWeekend
Training, Consulting, Development
http://jWeekend.com

[1] http://jweekend.com/dev/ContactUsBody/

Re: [JOB] Developer with exceptional OO, Java, Wicket skills. Scala a plus.

Posted by Martin Makundi <ma...@koodaripalvelut.com>.
"Impossible is nothing" ;]

**
Martin