Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Lars Eilebrecht <La...@unix-ag.org> on 1997/11/13 22:34:34 UTC

[Patch] provide useful error entry if AuthType is missing

Hi,

if a user tries to use authentication and forgets to set AuthType
he will the following error:

 configuration error:  couldn't check user.  No user file?

The appended patch provides a correct error message if the
authentication failure was due to a missing AuthType directive.

BTW, is there a reason why "Basic" isn't the default AuthType
value?

ciao...
--
Lars Eilebrecht                  - The difference between Win95 and Win3.x:
sfx@unix-ag.org               - Win95 can screw up 2 things at the same time!

Re: [Patch] provide useful error entry if AuthType is missing

Posted by Martin Kraemer <Ma...@mch.sni.de>.
On Thu, Nov 13, 1997 at 10:34:34PM +0100, Lars Eilebrecht wrote:
> The appended patch provides a correct error message if the
> authentication failure was due to a missing AuthType directive.

+1.

    Martin

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.
+1, I like making error messages more meaningful.

No opinion on default AuthType ...

Dean