Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Vlachogiannis Evangelos <ev...@aegean.gr> on 2003/12/09 14:21:10 UTC

User - group - role philosophy -> our proposal

Hi all,

I would like to ask about the philosophy of the group / role Jetspeed
management. Jetspeed if I am right prevent a single user having different
roles for different groups she belongs to. In this way we cannot divide the
information into information channels by assigning different roles to people
in the same group / information channel.

In our project (www.eunetyard.net) we have modified this mechanism and we
were wondering if this would be a good idea to integrate it to Jetspeed
releases. In this case we can provide you the source code.

Evangelos Vlachogiannis
Researcher - PhD. Candidate
Dept. of Products and Systems Design http://www.syros.aegean.gr)
University of the Aegean (http://www.aegean.gr) Syros - Greece
Phone: +32281-097126
Mob: +3697-6560466
FAX: +32281-097009
e-mail: evlach@aegean.gr
Web: http://www.syros.aegean.gr/users/evlach

Re: User - group - role philosophy -> our proposal

Posted by Sherman Mohler <sm...@ciscolearning.org>.
Mark,

Just my 2 cents (and I am not one of the developers, for better or worse) but
as a technologist who has implemented portal based intranets for financial
companies with custom developed "Communities of Practice" hand-rolled into the
commercial product, I would *love* to see this happen and believe it would be a
huge boom to Jetspeed.

and to all of you... thanks for Jetspeed!

Kind Regards,

-- Sherman Mohler

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Tuesday, December 9, 2003, at 07:56  AM, Mark Orciuch wrote:
> I personally think it is a good idea to integrate your changes as long
> as
> the change is transparent (and I think that is possible to do). I can
> work
> with you on the integration. Just want to make sure that there are no
> objections from other developers.
>
> Thanks for your proposal.

+1

RE: User - group - role philosophy -> our proposal

Posted by Mark Orciuch <ma...@ngsltd.com>.