Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by matt22 <s1...@zoznam.sk> on 2007/08/18 01:41:52 UTC

T5: real huge application with T5?!

Hi everyone,
Is it possible to use T5 or previous tapestry for project with about 10,000
unique/day?
I have been working in php a few years but last 5 years i work with
java(jsp/struts/tapestry),
i need to create some huge projects with visiting about 5-10-15,000
unique/day,
i would like to write it in tapestry+spring+hibernate+acegi - think this is
GREAT solution,
but i dont know anything about performance and memory usage of hib+tapestry
in huge projects.
So what is better to use
 - PHP or JSP - more quick or
 - optimized hibernate+spring+tapestry great for programmer ?
Does anybody know about some live apps based on tapestry, spring or
hibernate with high visiting rate?

Re: T5: real huge application with T5?!

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Yes, and I haven't even started optimizing the framework, beyond basic
caching.  There's a lot of more involved things that could happen to
boost performance if that becomes necessary.

On 8/17/07, Jonathan Glanz <jg...@densebrain.com> wrote:
> Matt, we've been doing some load testing for a t5 app that will like have that type of traffic 10 fold and from the early analysis I could run a site like you're describing from my laptop.....
>
> This is a dead solid platform from what we're seeing
>
> Jon
> Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Partner and Senior Architect at Feature50

Re: T5: real huge application with T5?!

Re: real huge application with T5?!

Posted by Michael Grundvig <mi...@electrotank.com>.
I don't have a T5 example with that many uniques but I can say that 10,000
uniques really isn't a big deal and you should have no trouble at all
supporting it. Tapestry seems quite fast overall. The bigger problem is you
need to be careful with is how you design your app. PHP developers have a
tendency to assume the database can hold and manage everything and they
forget about the fact that it's expensive to use the database too much.
Remember to use proper connection pooling, data caching and other techniques
and you should be just fine.

Java web-app performance in general is superb. I just finished a stateless
java web app that runs on tomcat with the 1.6 VM. We load tested a single
instance of it with 10,000 concurrent users via JMeter. The box was a cheap
dual core box with 1 gig of RAM. Average CPU usage? Less then 5%. Code smart
and it will work great.

Mike