Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Josh Holding <jh...@voyagerlearning.com> on 2003/10/22 16:47:50 UTC

Help using JBoss 3.2.2

I've been trying to deploy Jetspeed 1.4b4 to JBoss 3.2.2 using jdk 1.4.2 and
1.3.1_07 with no luck and wanted to check with the community to see if
anyone had any recommendations.  To make a long story short, I've tried
several different configurations using the latest jetspeed cvs head to
various versions of JBoss to several variations of the Werner site
instructions: http://www.werner.be/blog/page/werner/20021027 that has been
referenced here.  Out of all of these, I have only been able to get it to
work with JBoss 3.0.3.

When I deploy to JBoss 3.2.2 with Jetspeed 1.4b4, Jetspeed highjacks the
logs as expected with this last log in JBoss:

INFO  [Engine] StandardWrapper[/jetspeed:default]: Loading container servlet
default

Then, in the Jetspeed logs, I can see that Velocity successfully starts, but
all other Jetspeed logs are empty.  JBoss at this point seems to be hung,
any http requests are endless and JBoss will not shutdown without killing
the process.

When I run with the cvs head from October 21st, I get the same behavior from
JBoss, except I get Jetspeed logging. The jetspeedservices.log file has this
line repeating every half second in an endless loop:

[main] DEBUG CastorRegistryService - RegistryService: Waiting for init of
Registry...

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Josh