Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm> on 2009/03/29 19:13:50 UTC

Despite trusted CA, "unable to find valid certification path to requested target"

Hi all,

I am having trouble getting mvn site:deploy to work with mvn v2.1.0
(also v2.0.6), as follows:

Embedded error: Failed to create destination WebDAV collection
(directory): /docs/stencil/0.0.1-SNAPSHOT/./apidocs
unable to find valid certification path to requested target

The machine is a MacOSX machine, and a search turns up three different
copies of the cacerts database (one for v1.4.2, one for 1.5.0 and one
for 1.6.0).

The CA cert for the DAV webserver is present in all three cacert
databases, and to be sure I physically removed and re-added the CA cert
to all three databases, with no luck.

 From the symptoms I am seeing, it looks like none of these three cacert
databases are being used at all, and the JDK is using a mystery or
missing database of its own.

Can anyone confirm whether maven does any weird or special handling of
cacert databases on MacOSX, or does it just revert to the JDK default on
the platform?

Is there a way to see what CA cert database is being used by maven when
it runs? (It's obviously not using any of the cacert databases I've
added the CA cert to, or it would work).

Anyone ever solved a problem like this before?

Regards,
Graham

RE: Despite trusted CA, "unable to find valid certification path to requested target"

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
Give this tool a try then and see http://repository.apache.org/ssl/ if
it helps.

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.