Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Pfau, Oliver" <ol...@siemens.com> on 2007/03/15 11:18:03 UTC

MyFaces 1.1.5 warning message on console

Hi,

what is meaning of this message:

"WARNING: There should always be a submitted value for an input if it is
rendered, its form is submitted, and it is not disabled or read-only
. Component : <...inputText>"

<...inputText> is an input text field which could be enabled or disabled
by javascript. I have other input text fields without this message. Any
idea ?

Regards,
Oliver

Re: MyFaces 1.1.5 warning message on console

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Oliver.   I've gone ahead and added an additional
recommendation as well.

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
Ok.  It's good to know that.

AW: MyFaces 1.1.5 warning message on console

Posted by "Pfau, Oliver" <ol...@siemens.com>.

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
I am using AJAX, and have seen this error. Is it possible to disable
this warning when it is expected due to AJAX functionality?

Posted by Volker Weber <v....@inexso.de>.
Oliver,

Posted by "Pfau, Oliver" <ol...@siemens.com>.

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
Oliver,

Posted by "Pfau, Oliver" <ol...@siemens.com>.
No I am using no AJAX.

Posted by Jeff Bischoff <jb...@klkurz.com>.
Are you using AJAX?

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
I'm not an expert, but the documentation I've read says that
disabled=true doesn't resubmit the form value and that read-only=true
does resubmit the form value.   My guess is that the error message
above should be changed to remove the read-only caveat.

Posted by Jeff Bischoff <jb...@klkurz.com>.

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jeff Bischoff <jb...@klkurz.com>.

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Josué Alcalde González <jo...@gmail.com>.
El jue, 15-03-2007 a las 11:18 +0100, Pfau, Oliver escribió:
> Hi,
>
> what is meaning of this message:
>
> "WARNING: There should always be a submitted value for an input if it is
> rendered, its form is submitted, and it is not disabled or read-only
> . Component : <...inputText>"
>
> <...inputText> is an input text field which could be enabled or disabled
> by javascript. I have other input text fields without this message. Any
> idea ?
>
> Regards,
> Oliver

I had the same problem in a very complex form.
My solution: reenable all the inputs in the client side before submit.