Posted to user@poi.apache.org by pavanikureti <pa...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/14 08:21:58 UTC

Re: Reading xlsx file using poi3.7

Hello Nick,

I am also getting the same exception as
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
javax.xml.namespace.QName.<init>(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)V
at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Locale.<clinit>(Locale.java:133)

I am using following jars
javax.xml.stream-1.0.1,
poi-3.8-final-jdk1.4-20120520-rc1,
poi-3.8-final-jdk1.4-ooxml-20120520-rc1,
xmlbeans-2.3.0.jar,
dom4j.jar,
ooxml-schemas-1.0.jar

Can you please let me know am I using the correct jars?
My java version is 1.4.2.19

Thanks,
Pavani

RE: Reading xlsx file using poi3.7

Posted by pavanikureti <pa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the reply.

I got confused because code is working in the stand alone java class with
the same set of jars but not with the application.

Thanks,
Pavani

RE: Reading xlsx file using poi3.7

Posted by "Murphy, Mark" <mu...@metalexmfg.com>.
In addition, you are going to have to upgrade your Java as POI 3.14 requires Java 1.6.

Posted by Nick Burch <ap...@gagravarr.org>.

Posted by pavanikureti <pa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the reply.
I will change the poi jars with the suggested version. I am using few more
jars also as below.
javax.xml.stream-1.0.1, xmlbeans-2.3.0.jar, dom4j.jar, ooxml-schemas-1.0.jar
Are these fine?

Below code is working fine in the standalone java class with the same set of
jars. But, getting the error in running an application in j2ee server
Error: (java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
javax.xml.namespace.QName.<init>(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)V)
at below 2nd line FileInputStream line.

String filename = "test.xlsm";
*FileInputStream fsIP= new FileInputStream(new File(filename));*
XSSFWorkbook wb = new XSSFWorkbook(fsIP);
XSSFSheet worksheet = (XSSFSheet) wb.getSheetAt(1);

Please help.

Thanks,
Pavani

Re: Reading xlsx file using poi3.7

Posted by Nick Burch <ap...@gagravarr.org>.
On Tue, 14 Jun 2016, pavanikureti wrote:
> I am using following jars
> javax.xml.stream-1.0.1,
> poi-3.8-final-jdk1.4-20120520-rc1,
> poi-3.8-final-jdk1.4-ooxml-20120520-rc1,
> xmlbeans-2.3.0.jar,
> dom4j.jar,
> ooxml-schemas-1.0.jar
>
> Can you please let me know am I using the correct jars?

Nope, you should really be using at least 3.14, if not 3.15-beta1

You can get the new jars through Maven, through Gradle, or from our
download site: http://poi.apache.org/download.html

Nick