Posted to asp@perl.apache.org by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com> on 2001/09/15 01:54:09 UTC

ASP Include Caching Layer

Hey,

I have a dev version of Apache::ASP v2.23 that has
the $Response->Include() caching layer support.
See CHANGES notes below.  Let me know if you want
an early release of this module for testing... getting
early feedback will speed the release of this module
to CPAN, else I will use it for a while first.

Philip, I'll send it to you separately.

--Josh

$MODULE=Apache::ASP; $VERSION = 2.23; $DATE="TBA";

Please see README for changes for past versions.

 + = improvement; - = bug fix

 ++Output caching for includes, built on same layer ( extended )
  as XSLTCache, test suite at t/cache.t.  Enabled with special
  arguments to

    $Response->Include(\%args, @include_args)
    $Response->TrapInclude(\%args, @include_args)
    $Server->Execute(\%args, @include_args)

  where %args = (
    File => 'file.inc',
    Cache => 1, # to activate cache layer
    Expires => 3600, # to expire in one hour
    LastModified => time - 600, # to expire if cached before 10 minutes ago
    Key => $Request->Form, # to cache based on checksum of serialized form data,
    Clear => 1, # to not allow fetch from cache this time, will always execute include
  );

  Like the XSLTCache, it uses MLDBM::Sync::SDBM_File
  by default, but can use DB_File or GDBM_File if
  CacheDB is set to these.

  See t/cache.t for API support until this is documented.

 +CacheSize now supports units of M, K, B like

   CacheSize 10M
   CacheSize 10240K
   CacheSize 10000000B