Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Victor B. Gonzalez" <ap...@vbgunz.com> on 2003/05/26 03:04:34 UTC

Re[2]: [users@httpd] How to run Apache *without* writing to the registry or system drive?

Hello Jeff,

  "Thank you Jeff"

>>  I am just curious if Apache can run and manually install its service
>>  if necessary...

JC> If you want to run it as a system service under win32, apache -k install
JC> Otherwise run from apache/bin/apache -k start...

I had problems trying to simply run it with -k start (it kept noting no
Apache2 service installed) but thanks to -k install and -k start I got
Apache up with no problems...

Though I have the Apache 2 Bible, I couldn't find that very simple
answer... "apache -k install" and then "apache -k start"... Apache -k
start did not wish to work by itself.

I have one more question before I allow rest to kick in. Where can
I find a definitive list to all of the Apache switches for Windows?

Thanks for getting me started ;)

--
Best regards,
 Victor B. Gonzalez

Apache_2.0.45-win32-x86-no_ssl
Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1

RE: Re[2]: [users@httpd] How to run Apache *without* writing to the registry or system drive?

Posted by Jeff Cohen <su...@gej-it.com>.
Apache -h

Jeff Cohen