Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/21 10:55:04 UTC

[Studio] duplicated BrowserWidget class

Hi,

there are two class named BrowserWidget in ldapbrowser.common :

org.apache.directory.studio.ldapbrowser.common.widgets.BrowserWidget
org.apache.directory.studio.ldapbrowser.common.widgets.browser.BrowserWidget

The second widget is the one that display teh DIT, as expected. The
first one is, IMO, badly named.

The first class is only ised as an abstract base class which contain the
list of listeners. It's extendeds by 27 widgets. I will rename it to
AbstractWidget, for clarity sake.

Re: [Studio] duplicated BrowserWidget class

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 22/05/15 19:34, Stefan Seelmann a écrit :
> On 05/21/2015 10:59 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny wrote:
>> Le 21/05/15 10:55, Emmanuel Lécharny a écrit :
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> there are two class named BrowserWidget in ldapbrowser.common :
>>>
>>> org.apache.directory.studio.ldapbrowser.common.widgets.BrowserWidget
>>> org.apache.directory.studio.ldapbrowser.common.widgets.browser.BrowserWidget
>>>
>>> The second widget is the one that display teh DIT, as expected. The
>>> first one is, IMO, badly named.
>>>
>>> The first class is only ised as an abstract base class which contain the
>>> list of listeners. It's extendeds by 27 widgets. I will rename it to
>>> AbstractWidget, for clarity sake.
> +1
>
>> I also wonder why this class is in the ldapbrowser.common plugin,
>> instead of the common.ui plugin. I suspect this class has to be moved
>> there, with its associated interfaces and classes, WidgetModifyListener
>> and WidgetModifyEvent.
>>
>> wdyt ?
> Yes, if possible just move it. I think common.ui plugin was introduced
> later to share classes between ldapbrowser and schemaeditor.

Done.

Re: [Studio] duplicated BrowserWidget class

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.
On 05/21/2015 10:59 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny wrote:
> Le 21/05/15 10:55, Emmanuel Lécharny a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> there are two class named BrowserWidget in ldapbrowser.common :
>>
>> org.apache.directory.studio.ldapbrowser.common.widgets.BrowserWidget
>> org.apache.directory.studio.ldapbrowser.common.widgets.browser.BrowserWidget
>>
>> The second widget is the one that display teh DIT, as expected. The
>> first one is, IMO, badly named.
>>
>> The first class is only ised as an abstract base class which contain the
>> list of listeners. It's extendeds by 27 widgets. I will rename it to
>> AbstractWidget, for clarity sake.

+1

> I also wonder why this class is in the ldapbrowser.common plugin,
> instead of the common.ui plugin. I suspect this class has to be moved
> there, with its associated interfaces and classes, WidgetModifyListener
> and WidgetModifyEvent.
>
> wdyt ?

Yes, if possible just move it. I think common.ui plugin was introduced
later to share classes between ldapbrowser and schemaeditor.

Kind Regards,
Stefan

Re: [Studio] duplicated BrowserWidget class

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.