Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by richardg <ri...@dvdempire.com> on 2013/03/05 21:00:51 UTC

Solr 4.0 to Solr 4.1 upgrade

I upgrade one of my slaves by replacing the solr.war, all other slaves and
master were still 4.0.  When I started to monitor it w/ SPM I noticed that
the request rate was way up while the request count was way down.  I've
since put back the solr.war for 4.0 and the slave has returned to normal.

I'm concerned if I upgraded my whole setup to 4.1 performance will suffer.

<http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/file/n4044990/41.png>

Re: Solr 4.0 to Solr 4.1 upgrade

Posted by richardg <ri...@dvdempire.com>.
This ended up being a SPM issue.  I noticed the same issue w/ 4.2 and decided
to upgrade to monitor version 1.9.0 and it is now showing correct data.

Re: Solr 4.0 to Solr 4.1 upgrade

Posted by richardg <ri...@dvdempire.com>.
Otis,

I noticed this in my logs repeatedly during that time period:

Mar 5, 2013 1:28:00 PM org.apache.solr.core.CachingDirectoryFactory close
INFO: Releasing
directory:/usr/local/solr_aggregate/solr_aggregate/data/index

It wasn't in my logs any other time.

I found this:

Not sure what would cause this or if that is causing my issues, other
metrics during that time seem normal.

Thanks

Re: Solr 4.0 to Solr 4.1 upgrade

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>.
Hello Richard,

Did you see anything in the logs?
What did other metrics look like?  I'l look at system metrics like disk IO
and network IO, CPU, and also JVM/GC metrics first.  Any sudden changes in
those metrics could point you in the right direction.

Otis
--
Solr & ElasticSearch Support
http://sematext.com/