Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Ali Sakebi <al...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/22 03:23:43 UTC

Multiple child-extend in one page?

Hi,

Is there any way to have multiple child tag in one page, like multiple
method in one class that can be extended?
I need to provide some way that other pages can extend base layout
that have multiple place like main, header, left to be extended.
If it is not possible to have multiple child in base layout, is there
any suggestion to get my job done?

Regards,
Ali

Re: Multiple child-extend in one page?

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.
> Is there any way to have multiple child tag in one page, like multiple
> method in one class that can be extended?
> I need to provide some way that other pages can extend base layout
> that have multiple place like main, header, left to be extended.

Nope, that's not supported at this time. You can search the list
archives for some discussion; I don't know from the top of my head,
but I think most team members thought it wouldn't be a good idea to
start with.

> If it is not possible to have multiple child in base layout, is there
> any suggestion to get my job done?

Use panels.

Eelco