Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Karl Wettin <ka...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/08 13:58:22 UTC

Bug report from trunk

Hi forum,

I ran in to a few problems while testing out trunk in order to get my hands on enum-support. Ended up reverting to 1.6 since I had no time to trace down and fix the problems, but thought I at least should report it.

First off, java2wsdl generated bad XML. The element defining the single method with a single parameter in my single service class didn't contain the method name. Also generated some other errors that I could not identify with my eyes but that wsdl2code reported with cryptic error message after that I manually adding the service method name to the element.

Afraid I'm not allowed to post the service and parameter class (and aggregates) nor the generated WSDL in public, I could however pass it on in a private mail to someone who is interested in taking a closer look.

Less important, after hours of running tests via mvn clean install I got an OOME:

[INFO] Building Apache Axis2 - Root 1.7.0-SNAPSHOT
constituent[29]: file:/usr/share/maven/lib/wagon-provider-api-1.0-beta-7.jar
constituent[30]: file:/usr/share/maven/lib/xercesMinimal-1.9.6.2.jar
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:631)

I suppose passing on some Xmx to mvn works, but it would be nice if the POM already defined this. I'm on OS X with Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.1-b02-384, mixed mode), so perhaps you're all on 32bit and thus never noticed it before. Would surprise me though :)

		karl

Re: Bug report from trunk

Posted by Harshana Eranga Martin <ha...@gmail.com>.
Hi Karl,

On 9 September 2011 00:43, Karl Wettin <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 8 sep 2011 kl. 19.30 skrev Harshana Eranga Martin:
>
> > Less important, after hours of running tests via mvn clean install I got
> an OOME:
> >
> > [INFO]
> > [INFO] Building Apache Axis2 - Root 1.7.0-SNAPSHOT
> > [INFO]
> > constituent[29]:
> file:/usr/share/maven/lib/wagon-provider-api-1.0-beta-7.jar
> > constituent[30]: file:/usr/share/maven/lib/xercesMinimal-1.9.6.2.jar
> > Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space
> >        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
> >        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:631)
> >        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:615)
> >
> > I suppose passing on some Xmx to mvn works, but it would be nice if the
> POM already defined this. I'm on OS X with Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
> (build 20.1-b02-384, mixed mode), so perhaps you're all on 32bit and thus
> never noticed it before. Would surprise me though :)
> >
> > Could you please share value of your MAVEN_OPTS variable?
>
> Nil. Nor do I have any options set in ~/.m2.

Ok.

Then as a workaround for the moment you can increase the permgen for the
maven.

Type "export MAVEN_OPTS="-Xmx512M -XX:MaxPermSize=128M"  in your console
which you run the maven and build the trunk again.

Thanks and Regards,
Harshana

>                karl

Thanks and Regards,
Harshana Martin
--
Harshana Eranga Martin
Software Engineer,

ECF Committer: http://www.eclipse.org/ecf/
Blog: http://harshana05.blogspot.com
Profile: https://www.google.com/profiles/harshana05

Re: Bug report from trunk

Posted by Karl Wettin <ka...@gmail.com>.

Re: Bug report from trunk

Posted by Harshana Eranga Martin <ha...@gmail.com>.
Hi Karl,

On 8 September 2011 17:28, Karl Wettin <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi forum,
>
> I ran in to a few problems while testing out trunk in order to get my hands
> on enum-support. Ended up reverting to 1.6 since I had no time to trace down
> and fix the problems, but thought I at least should report it.
>
> First off, java2wsdl generated bad XML. The element defining the single
> method with a single parameter in my single service class didn't contain the
> method name. Also generated some other errors that I could not identify with
> my eyes but that wsdl2code reported with cryptic error message after that I
> manually adding the service method name to the element.
>
> Afraid I'm not allowed to post the service and parameter class (and
> aggregates) nor the generated WSDL in public, I could however pass it on in
> a private mail to someone who is interested in taking a closer look.

> Less important, after hours of running tests via mvn clean install I got an
> OOME:
>
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Building Apache Axis2 - Root 1.7.0-SNAPSHOT
> [INFO]
> constituent[29]:
> file:/usr/share/maven/lib/wagon-provider-api-1.0-beta-7.jar
> constituent[30]: file:/usr/share/maven/lib/xercesMinimal-1.9.6.2.jar
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space
>        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
>        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:631)
>        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:615)
>
> I suppose passing on some Xmx to mvn works, but it would be nice if the POM
> already defined this. I'm on OS X with Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
> (build 20.1-b02-384, mixed mode), so perhaps you're all on 32bit and thus
> never noticed it before. Would surprise me though :)

Could you please share value of your MAVEN_OPTS variable?

Yes. Adding -XX:MaxPermSize="$VALUE" will solve your problem.

Thanks and Regards,
Harshana

>                karl

Thanks and Regards,
Harshana Martin

Re: Bug report from trunk

Posted by Shameera Rathnayaka <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

For those who are interested in getting know about Axis2 Enum support i have
written an introductory blog post in [1]. Hope it will be helpful sharing it
here.
[1].
http://shameerarathnayaka.blogspot.com/2011/09/introducing-enum-support-with-apache.html

--
Shameera Rathnayaka
Undergraduate

Re: Bug report from trunk

Posted by Shameera Rathnayaka <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi karl,

On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 8:38 PM, Karl Wettin <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 8 sep 2011 kl. 21.35 skrev Harshana Eranga Martin:
>
> > > can you provide a sample service to reproduce this error?.
> >
> > I'll produce a test case. Should I perhaps open a new issue in the Jira
> and post it there?
> >
> > +1
> >
> > It will help Shameera and others to reproduce the issue.
>
> Sorry, but I'm afraid I can't seem to reproduce it with a new test project.
> Let me speak to my client and see what they think about me posting the code.
>
> If I'm only allowed to send it to someone in a private mail, to whom should
> I send it?

Yes you can send it to me, il see the error and try to fix it(If there is
such an issue)

Regards
Shameera

>                karl

Shameera Rathnayaka
Undergraduate
University of Moratuwa.
Sri Lanka.

Re: Bug report from trunk

Posted by Karl Wettin <ka...@gmail.com>.

Re: Bug report from trunk

Posted by Harshana Eranga Martin <ha...@gmail.com>.
Hi Karl,

On 9 September 2011 00:44, Karl Wettin <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 8 sep 2011 kl. 15.12 skrev Shameera Rathnayaka:
>
> >> First off, java2wsdl generated bad XML. The element defining the single
> method with a single parameter in my single service class didn't contain the
> method name. Also generated some other errors that I could not identify with
> my eyes but that wsdl2code reported with cryptic error message after that I
> manually adding the service method name to the element.
> >

> > can you provide a sample service to reproduce this error?.
>
> I'll produce a test case. Should I perhaps open a new issue in the Jira and
> post it there?

+1

It will help Shameera and others to reproduce the issue.

Thanks and Regards,
Harshana

>                karl

Thanks and Regards,
Harshana Martin

Re: Bug report from trunk

Posted by Karl Wettin <ka...@gmail.com>.

Re: Bug report from trunk

Posted by Shameera Rathnayaka <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Karl Wettin,

can you provide a sample service to reproduce this error?.

FYI i checked with my own sample service it worked successfully without any
issue with current trunk.

Thanks .
Shameera

On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 5:28 PM, Karl Wettin <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi forum,
>
> I ran in to a few problems while testing out trunk in order to get my hands
> on enum-support. Ended up reverting to 1.6 since I had no time to trace down
> and fix the problems, but thought I at least should report it.
>
> First off, java2wsdl generated bad XML. The element defining the single
> method with a single parameter in my single service class didn't contain the
> method name. Also generated some other errors that I could not identify with
> my eyes but that wsdl2code reported with cryptic error message after that I
> manually adding the service method name to the element.
>
> Afraid I'm not allowed to post the service and parameter class (and
> aggregates) nor the generated WSDL in public, I could however pass it on in
> a private mail to someone who is interested in taking a closer look.
>

> Less important, after hours of running tests via mvn clean install I got an
> OOME:
>
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Building Apache Axis2 - Root 1.7.0-SNAPSHOT
> [INFO]
> constituent[29]:
> file:/usr/share/maven/lib/wagon-provider-api-1.0-beta-7.jar
> constituent[30]: file:/usr/share/maven/lib/xercesMinimal-1.9.6.2.jar
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space
>        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
>        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:631)
>        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:615)
>
> I suppose passing on some Xmx to mvn works, but it would be nice if the POM
> already defined this. I'm on OS X with Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
> (build 20.1-b02-384, mixed mode), so perhaps you're all on 32bit and thus
> never noticed it before. Would surprise me though :)
>

>                karl

Shameera Rathnayaka
Undergraduate
University of Moratuwa.