Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by François Rousseau <fr...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/02 16:51:17 UTC

Re: Still problems with spamd at 100%

First, this answer will not solve your problem but I wish will help
you to identify the exact trouble.

Try to disable every module/option, one by one.
Also try to remove some rules, maybe start with __DOS_HAS_ANY_URI

That will not solve your issue but it will probably help to find what
is causing the issue.

François Rousseau

Posted by Olivier Nicole <on...@cs.ait.ac.th>.
> I have a severe problem with one of my mailservers. I'm using spamassassin
> 3.2.3 in combination with exim 4.66, and experience hanging spamd processes
> which consume all my server resources.
> I've searched these mailing lists, searched google, searched documentation,
> ... I found very much old posts of people experiencing the same problems, so
> I think it's a very common one. I tried different solutions: tracing the
> process (process doesn't do anything when it hangs - no trace output),
> clearing the bayes database (doesn't help), ...

Do you store user preferences in files? Have you checked that users
are not over quota, that the autowhitelist/bayes files are not
corrupted?

Bests,

Olivier