Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Marcelo C. de Freitas" <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/23 22:40:17 UTC

T4.1 :: async form auto-submit

Hey there,

     How can I make a PropertySelection auto-submit an async form when changed?

     I tried the ordinary "onChange=this.form.submit()" but it causes
the entire page to reload and I just want parts of it to do so.

     Thanks.

--
Marcelo C. Freitas

Re: T4.1 :: async form auto-submit

Posted by "Marcelo C. de Freitas" <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Patrick,

    It didn't work as expected (well, at all), but I saw some
javascript written in the HTML output. I'll just have to dig a little
deeper; at least now I have the right directions.

Regards.

2007/8/24, Patrick Klein <pa...@bi-so.de>:
> Hello,
> >      How can I make a PropertySelection auto-submit an async form when changed?
> >
> Create an EventListener in your java file listening for the onchange
> event for this element or target. Inside this method you can trigger an
> async update of the page using
> getRequestCycle().getRepsonseBuilder().updateComponent(id)
>
> Regards,
>     Patrick
> >      I tried the ordinary "onChange=this.form.submit()" but it causes
> > the entire page to reload and I just want parts of it to do so.
> >
> >      Thanks.

Marcelo C. Freitas

IM's:
MSN: baterausp@hotmail.com