Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by "Baxter, Michelle" <mi...@company39.com> on 2000/12/28 00:00:21 UTC

AbstractMethodError

I'm getting this error now. Initially, it was NoSuchMethod exception, then I
put the xalan and xerces jar files at the beginning of my classpath when
starting the application server. I'm trying to run a transformation in a
class that is deployed in Weblogic 6.0. I've traced it to a line (704) in
the TransformerFactoryImpl.newTemplates method which tries to create a new
XML reader. I've set the system properties, but somehow, it still doesn't
seem to be getting the right implementation of the SAX parser. I just
downloaded Xalan 2J yesterday, so I am using the Xerces 1.2.3 that came with
it. I don't know how else to specify to use the Xalan and Xerces stuff that
I'm giving it. Please help!

Michelle