Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jamie Johnson <je...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/23 06:21:03 UTC

Question on highlighting of external fields

Some time ago I had worked with a fellow developer to put together an addon
to the (then) current Solr Highlighter to support fetching fields from an
external source (like a database for instance).  The general mechanics seem
to work properly but I am seeing issues now where the highlights do not
match up with the values in the query (i.e. the user enters "dragon" and 10
characters after that word are the em tags).  A simple test I put together
does not exhibit this so I am at a bit of an endpass as to how exactly
track the issue down.  Are there any general things that I should be aware
of when attempting to do this?  Is there any encoding/analysis that I need
to consider when doing this (i.e. is it sufficient to store the text as it
came in or should it be after some analysis via an analyzer has done
something to it)?  Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Question on highlighting of external fields

Posted by Jamie Johnson <je...@gmail.com>.
For those interested I believe this is an issue of what is in the index is
not what I expected.  I believe that we've tracked down the issue, please
ignore the question.