Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Daniel Bruce Lynes <dl...@shaw.ca> on 2003/01/17 05:37:57 UTC

Tomcat 4.1.18

I'm currently having a small problem with Tomcat 4.1.18, which didn't exist in
Tomcat 4.0.4.

The problem can be illustrated with a one liner JSP:

<%@ page contentType="text/html" %>

This one line spits out an HTTP header of Content-Type: text/html on Tomcat
4.0.4

However, under 4.1.18, the following is spit out:

I need the former behaviour because these pages need to handle both GB2312-80
and ISO-8859-1.  As such, I cannot have the character set explicitly set, and
it also cannot be dynamically generated.  The locale information is
determined when the <head></head> information is output, using a taglib.  By
that time, the page directive has already been issued.  Also, the contentType
field in the page directive cannot be dynamic from what I've been able to
determine. (Tomcat 3.xx)  Has this behaviour changed in 4.0.x/4.1.x?

Thanks.

Daniel