Posted to xmlrpc-dev@ws.apache.org by Sven Kerkling <ke...@bds-online.com> on 2010/04/22 15:08:42 UTC

Port Range?

Hi!

I have a small problem with my XMLRPC Server.
I have a Firewall between my Server and my Client.
When I forward only the port 8080, on which my Server is listening, then
nothing worked. If I forward all the ports, it works just fine.

Which Portrange must I forward to tighten the security?

Regards
Sven Kerkling

Für Rückfragen stehe ich Ihnen gerne zur Verfügung

Sven Kerkling

Business Data Solutions GmbH & Co. KG
Kettelerstr. 3-11
97222 Rimpar

Tel: 09365/897778
Fax: 09365/897779
Internet: http://www.bds-online.com

Geschäftsführer: Dr. Oliver Bopp, Roland Wolff

Amtsgericht Würzburg, HRA 6191
USt-Ident-Nr.: DE229435321

Re: Port Range?

Posted by co...@cyberdeck.org.
I run an XMLRPC server behind a firewall, contained inside a Jetty servlet
container.  I only have to forward the port it listens on, no others.

Are you using a servlet container, or the built in XMLRPC mini-server?

-CZ

Re: Port Range?

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
The problem is most likely that you don't understand how to configure
the firewall.

A connection made from a client to your server will have port 8080 on
the server side, but some arbitrary port between 1024 and 65535 on the
client side.

Jochen

--
Germanys national anthem is the most boring in the world - how telling!