Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Pedro da Silveira <pe...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/21 22:26:50 UTC

Airavata Patch

Hi Group,

I would like to insert a shadow application on Apache Airavata to mock some
execution of the Scientific Application used on thermodynamics calculations
PWscf.
I created a java code where I read 3 files. The first file provides an
input with a few parameters, and the other 2 files provided me with atomic
positions.

I want to know where to insert this on Apache Airavata.

Since I am not familiar with JIRA (always heard about, but never user) I
want be able to insert my commit code into the JIRA issue. Any advice will
be welcome.

Thanks,
Pedro da Silveira

Graduate Student
University of Minnesota
Scientific Computing
Office: 1 (612) 624-2872
Cell phone: 1 (612) 598-8151

Re: Airavata Patch

Posted by Heshan Suriyaarachchi <he...@gmail.com>.
Hi Pedro,

When submitting the patch, add a README file as well. It will help me to
verify your patch. A sample README file can be found in [1].

[1] -
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/airavata/trunk//samples/application-emulators/parameter-app/README

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 6:11 PM, Marlon Pierce <ma...@iu.edu> wrote:

> Hi Pedro--
>
> See
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/airavata/trunk/samples/application-emulators.
>  Make your own project within this directory (pwscf-app or something like
> that) and add your code.
>
> Then create the patch with the command "svn diff > airavata-331.patch" and
> attach it to the Jira task.  You probably want to just run "svn diff" first
> and inspect the standard output to make sure it looks correct.
>

> Marlon
>

> On 3/21/12 6:04 PM, Pedro da Silveira wrote:
> > Hi Raminderjeet Singh,
> >
> > Thanks for you suggestion. I created my account a few days ago.
> >
> > The Task on JIRA was created by Marlon.
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRAVATA-331
> >
> > I created a simple MPI code that prints some information and run on
> Ranger.
> > Where should I place this file on Apache Airavata? gfac-core? gfac-axis2?
> > distribuition?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > *
> > *
> >
> > On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 4:53 PM, Raminderjeet Singh <
> > raminderjsingh@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Sure we are happy to help. To start with you need to create a account on
> >> Apache JIRA and add a new JIRA task. In your case Task Type can be New
> >> Feature or what ever you prefer.
> >>
> >> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRAVATA
> >>
> >> Creating patch is actually svn diff of your local code base of airivate
> >> with your changes. Its good to create a patch from root directory. You
> can
> >> create a extensions folder in project home directory or you can add your
> >> code in samples. Its better you create a pom to compile and build the
> code.
> >> After all this you can attach the patch to JIRA task you created by
> going
> >> to More Action > Attach file on JIRA. Just make sure click the radio
> button
> >> "Grant license to ASF for inclusion in ASF works" when you upload the
> patch.
> >> Please let us know if you need more information.
> >> Thanks
> >> Raminder

> >> some
> >> calculations