Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Gary Lawrence Murphy <ga...@canada.com> on 2001/05/10 22:24:44 UTC

Re: Tomcat and MySQL

Any recommendations for JDBC connection pool software?  I'd seen
Turbine mentioned in this context, but couldn't figure out how to
extract just that functionality from it.  Any other recommended
packages for a simple but robust pool?

--
Gary Lawrence Murphy <ga...@teledyn.com> TeleDynamics Communications Inc

Re: Tomcat and MySQL

Posted by "c:h" <ch...@toshoklabs.com>.
the Sun press "Core Servlets" books also has some good sample code, if you
wanted to write your own connection pool class.

Re: Tomcat and MySQL

Posted by Gary Lawrence Murphy <ga...@canada.com>.

    B> There is one under Jakarta Commons.
    B> http://jakarta.apache.org/cvsweb/index.cgi/jakarta-commons/dbcp/

I'd tried DbConnectionBroker and was reasonably satisfied, but
the jakarta-commons project looks very interesting

Thanks.

--
Gary Lawrence Murphy <ga...@teledyn.com> TeleDynamics Communications Inc

Re: Tomcat and MySQL

Posted by Bip Thelin <bi...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 10 May 2001, Jeff Kilbride wrote:

> DbConnectionBroker available at www.javaexchange.com.
>
> I've also heard of Poolman, but have never used it myself.
>
> [...]
> >
> > Any recommendations for JDBC connection pool software?  I'd seen
> > Turbine mentioned in this context, but couldn't figure out how to
> > extract just that functionality from it.  Any other recommended
> > packages for a simple but robust pool?

There is one under Jakarta Commons.
http://jakarta.apache.org/cvsweb/index.cgi/jakarta-commons/dbcp/

	..bip

Re: Tomcat and MySQL

Posted by Jeff Kilbride <je...@kilbride.com>.
DbConnectionBroker available at www.javaexchange.com.

I've also heard of Poolman, but have never used it myself.

Thanks,
--jeff