Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Sebastian Nagel <wa...@googlemail.com> on 2016/05/22 19:51:55 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] New Nutch committer and PMC - Karanjeet Singh

Dear all,

on behalf of the Nutch PMC it is my pleasure to announce
that Karanjeet Singh has joined the Nutch team as committer
and PMC member. Karanjeet, would you mind to introduce
yourself and tell the Nutch community about your relation
to Apache Nutch, what you have done or plan to do, etc.?

Congratulations and welcome on board!

Regards,
Sebastian

Re: [ANNOUNCE] New Nutch committer and PMC - Karanjeet Singh

Posted by Karanjeet Singh <ka...@usc.edu>.
Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for the invitation and warm welcome.

Hello Everyone,

I am glad to be on board and having this opportunity to work with all of
you.

I am a graduate student at the University of Southern California (USC)
pursuing my Master’s in Computer Science. Prior to this, I was working as a
web developer at Computer Sciences Corporation (CSC), India.  At CSC, I
have developed applications for a global payments technology company
adhering to PCI DSS standards.

And now, I am starting my summer internship at NASA JPL.

Last year, in 2015, I took a course named Information Retrieval (IR) under
Prof. Chris Mattmann where I got the opportunity to learn and work on Nutch
1.x. This was the time when I started working on some of its bugs. The
semester ended but not the interest and therefore I moved ahead working on
Nutch plugins, particularly, HtmlUnit and Selenium.

During this summer, I plan to make more contributions and help the
community grow. Also, I plan to port Nutch backend on Spark for an improved
performance and better after-crawl analysis. I am also interested in
working on real-time crawl analysis in Nutch through a clean and easy to
understand visual interface.

I am excited to be a part of this community!!!
Regards,
Karanjeet Singh
USC

ᐧ

Re: [ANNOUNCE] New Nutch committer and PMC - Karanjeet Singh

Posted by Karanjeet Singh <ka...@usc.edu>.
Hi Sebastian,

ᐧ

RE: [ANNOUNCE] New Nutch committer and PMC - Karanjeet Singh

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.
Welcome too Karanjeet. Thanks for the good work on HtmlUnit plugin.

Cheers,
Markus

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.