Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by bamse <b-...@online.no> on 2012/07/12 12:44:22 UTC

NullPointer at WizardModel in WizardStep using 1.5.3

I am using the Wicket Wizard in an application where users go from page to
page (step to step).
This has been working fine in 1.4.18, but when I'm going to 1.5.3, the
wizard fails to go from step to step.
I get a NullPointerError in the WizardStep, and the object that is null is
the WizardModel. In 1.4.18 this model was initialized for all the steps from
the wizard, but in 1.5.3 it seems I have to do this myself in the
WizardStep's init-method. Doing this, it all works fine.
My question is: Is this intended to be so, or am I missing something?

Re: NullPointer at WizardModel in WizardStep using 1.5.3

Posted by bamse <b-...@online.no>.
Thanks for your reply. Your hint regarding the reset-method made me look in
the sourcecode for WizardModel, where I found this code, new in 1.5:
for(IWizardstep step : steps){
step.init(this);}

Putting this into my own implematation did the trick.