Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Pito Salas <rp...@salas.com> on 2008/11/12 18:20:47 UTC

Very elementary question

I am experimenting with CouchDb, via PeepCode.

I am finding that in the _utils browser interface, the values are
rendered in a way that is different from the PeepCode and before
spending too much time on a bad install I thought I'd ask if anyone
has an explanation, and whether I should just ignore the difference or
there's actually something broken here. Take a look at the screenshots
and you see that:

values like "abc" are not accepted for a field (JSON error)
values like ["abc"] are accepted, but then are spewed back as 0
{"0":"a","1":"b","2":"c","3":"d"}

Comments?

Re: Very elementary question

Posted by Damien Katz <da...@apache.org>.
Hi Pito. I've heard your name many times in the past, usually
mentioned in a positive manner :) I'm not sure we've met, but if so it
was probably when I was at Iris or Kubi. I've been working on CouchDB
since early 2005, but I've been in NC that whole time.

Welcome to the CouchDB community!

-Damien

Posted by "R. Pito Salas" <rp...@salas.com>.
Damien