Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/27 01:55:39 UTC

Changes in Mobile-Spec are breaking Cordova on Android 4.0.3 ICS

Hey

While I was setting up my environment on the Chromebook for JSConf, I
noticed that I ran into the Android 4.0.3 bug again.  It seems that
when I was testing 4.0.3 last, I was using an old mobile-spec.  After
going through the project, it seems that the changes that were made to
mobile-spec breaks rendering on Android.  I have no idea why this
would be, but this browser bug has nothing to do with the Android
changes, and is most likely something to do with the Android ICS
browser being a piece of crap.

At any rate, can we get this fixed so that we can actually test this
release? What did we do to break mobile-spec on Ice Cream Sandwich?
Anyone have any ideas?

Joe

Re: Changes in Mobile-Spec are breaking Cordova on Android 4.0.3 ICS

Posted by Michal Mocny <mm...@chromium.org>.
Well I just suck.  Please ignore me and dont sidetrack the original
question!

Posted by Michal Mocny <mm...@chromium.org>.
[private reply]

Posted by Max Woghiren <ma...@chromium.org>.
Okay—I'll commit the reversion.  Jesse will investigate another approach to
eliminating document.write; Jesse, let me know if you have something else
to try and I'll run it on the offending device.

Posted by Max Woghiren <ma...@chromium.org>.
Yes, reverting 8b1fd7d49c278d43b34b4c041f1575a1a39a664d fixes the issue.

Posted by Jesse <pu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Max Woghiren <ma...@chromium.org>.

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.
It may be ugly, but the change certainly changes the semantics of the code.
With document.write, the script is guaranteed to be loaded before the next
script tag is evaluated. There's no guarantee with dynamic injection.

I saw similar not-redrawing bugs when I was playing with the bridge modes.
Specifically - happens sometimes with the PRIVATE_API bridge mode. Not sure
what the cause might be in this case though.

Posted by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.
Might have been this change: