Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by yeshwanth kumar <ye...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/05 21:12:00 UTC

choosing between hbase-spark / spark-hbase

i have cloudera cluster,
i am exploring spark with HBase,

after going through this blog

http://blog.cloudera.com/blog/2014/11/how-to-do-near-real-time-sessionization-with-spark-streaming-and-apache-hadoop/

i found two options for using Spark with HBase,

Cloudera's Spark on HBase or
Apache hbase-spark.

do they have significance difference?
which one should i use,

can someone please point me out to their API documentation.
i did searched for documentation, but couldn't find it.

Thanks,
-Yeshwanth
Can you Imagine what I would do if I could do all I can - Art of War

Re: choosing between hbase-spark / spark-hbase

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
For 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT version, you should build trunk by yourself.

For 1.2.0-cdh5.7.0 , please contact cdh mailing list.

Posted by yeshwanth kumar <ye...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for the reply,

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nkechi Achara <nk...@googlemail.com>.