Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Douglas Ferguson <do...@douglasferguson.us> on 2010/01/29 09:13:16 UTC

veil

Implemented the veil and  was disappointed to see that it shows up every time I click a link.

Is it possible to have the veil be invisible unless the process it taking more the X seconds to respond?

D/

Re: veil

Posted by Ilja Pavkovic <il...@binaere-bauten.de>.
Am Freitag, 29. Januar 2010 09:13:16 schrieb Douglas Ferguson:
> Implemented the veil and  was disappointed to see that it shows up every
>  time I click a link.
>
> Is it possible to have the veil be invisible unless the process it taking
>  more the X seconds to respond?
You can do this with javascript on your own, logically doing something like:

- setup the veil with an initial opacity 0.0
- wait for X seconds
- change opacity to 1.0

It is up to you to add some fancy javascript here, perhaps you can follow the
example I posted some weeks ago on this list.

Best Regards,
	Ilja Pavkovic

--
binaere bauten gmbh · tempelhofer ufer 1a · 10961 berlin

   +49 · 171 · 9342 465

Handelsregister: HRB 115854 - Amtsgericht Charlottenburg
Geschäftsführer: Dipl.-Inform. Ilja Pavkovic, Dipl.-Inform. Jost Becker

Re: veil

Posted by Martin Makundi <ma...@koodaripalvelut.com>.
Hi!

The best solution is to assign logic which links should show veil and
which should not:

Here is a pseudo example taken from
http://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/generic-busy-indicator-for-both-ajax-and-non-ajax-submits.html:

 if ((clickedElement.tagName.toUpperCase() == 'A'
          && ((clickedElement.target == null) ||
(clickedElement.target.length <= 0))
          && (clickedElement.href.lastIndexOf('#') !=
(clickedElement.href.length-1))
          && (!('nobusy' in clickedElement))
          && (clickedElement.href.indexOf('skype') < 0)
          && (clickedElement.href.indexOf('mailto') < 0)
          && (clickedElement.href.indexOf('WicketAjaxDebug') < 0)
          && (clickedElement.href.lastIndexOf('.doc') !=
(clickedElement.href.length-4))
          && (clickedElement.href.lastIndexOf('.csv') !=
(clickedElement.href.length-4))
          && (clickedElement.href.lastIndexOf('.xls') !=
(clickedElement.href.length-4))
          && ((clickedElement.onclick == null) ||
(clickedElement.onclick.toString().indexOf('window.open') <= 0))
          )

**
Martin