Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org> on 2001/10/18 16:15:54 UTC

Re: [C2RC1a] Serious (maybeupload.jar) problem with Windows XP / JDK 1.3.1_01

Jörn Heid wrote:

> When trying to start Cocoon (Resin 2.0.2) on XP I get
>
> java.lang.ClassFormatError: uk/co/weft/maybeupload/MaybeUploadRequestWrapper
> (Code of a method longer than 65535 bytes)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)
>
> On my Windows 2000 machine the same configuration seems to work fine (same
> JDK, same Resin installation).

I believe that this may be a ClassLoader issue with Resin.  They already
have a synchronization error in their ClassLoader code.  It is very possible
to reason that M$ changed the native API that Resin was using and no longer
performs the unzip operation correctly.

Resin uses JNI to speed up sections of the servlet container.

AW: [C2RC1a] Serious (maybeupload.jar) problem with Windows XP / JDK 1.3.1_01

Posted by Jörn Heid <he...@fh-heilbronn.de>.
No.
The problem seems to be fixed with the new version of maybeupload.jar. If
you can, please download it and integrate it into the CVS (I can also write
a bug report - should I?).

BTW it would be nice if ALL of the jars have version information in its
name.