Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Ling Hengqian <li...@outlook.com> on 2023/01/07 06:26:29 UTC

Hope to release 3.8.1 to solve ZOOKEEPER-4460 related to JDK17

Dear community:

       Hi!

       I expect our community to release Zookeeper 3.8.1 or Zookeeper 3.9.0 in the near future to carry the corresponding PR of ZOOKEEPER-4460, namely https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/pull/1942 .

This will help resolve the issue that occurred at https://github.com/oracle/graalvm-reachability-metadata/issues/163 , an issue related to ZOOKEEPER-4460 that prevents Zookeeper Server from running nativeTest under GraalVM 22.3 For JDK17, and It caused the packaging of GraalVM Native Image to fail.

A minimal reproducible Example and corresponding reproduction steps are located at https://github.com/linghengqian/zookeeper-jdk17-nativetest .

Unfortunately I can't fix this problem by specifying Zookeeper 3.6.4 in Gradle, because Zookeeper 3.6.4 is using Log4j, which involves problems that must be solved in Log4j2 3.x, refer to https://github.com/oracle/graalvm-reachability-metadata/issues/50 .

With best wishes.

Ling Hengqian
2022.01.07

从 Windows 版邮件<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>发送

Re: Hope to release 3.8.1 to solve ZOOKEEPER-4460 related to JDK17

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Sorry for late reply.
We should definitely cut a release

Any one who volunteers ?