Posted to dev@nuttx.apache.org by Sebastien Lorquet <se...@lorquet.fr> on 2021/11/29 10:43:55 UTC

linker updates

recently the linker command was changed from ld to gcc

The release notes for 10.2 indicates required changes in local board
files. I did that.

however I found that the required changes are not in local files, but in
nuttx itself, eg for arm it's at arch/arm/src/Makefile

A grep call still shows a large number of places that use --start-group
instead of -Wl,--start-group and related calls

So as of now, the master branch is broken and requires a local patch to
build.

I wonder why this was not caught by your testing of pull requests, since
you should be building some arm configs in these tests.

Sebastien

Re: linker updates

Posted by Sebastien Lorquet <se...@lorquet.fr>.
I dont work on nuttx regularly... so I get surprises when I have to work
on it.

I have an external board and did the required changes as per the 10.2
release notes.

Also, this question applies to the current trunk, not to the release. I
mentioned that I have read the release notes, because I feel that they
are somewhat relevant for the current master.

However, this point is not critical, it was easy to find and change.

Nevertheless, is it okay that arch/arm/src/Makefile still uses
--start-group when the release notes ask users to change this to
-Wl,--start-group?

Sebastien

Re: linker updates

Posted by Alan Carvalho de Assis <ac...@gmail.com>.