Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Borut Bolčina <bo...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/22 08:22:13 UTC

rmic compiler other then FreeHep

Hello,

is anyone aware of rmic compiler other then
http://java.freehep.org/freehep-rmic-plugin/index.html?

The problem with the above plugin is that you need to provide the classes
for the stub generation and one can easily forget to add one in an
environment where several people add classes which extend
UnicastRemoteObject.

The solution would be to have a plugin which scans the sources and extracts
class names.

In theory stubs are not needed from Java 5 onwards, but in practice lack of
provided stubs generates severe memory leaks.

Regards,
Borut

Re: rmic compiler other then FreeHep

Posted by Mark Donszelmann <Ma...@slac.stanford.edu>.
Hi

submit/mail the text/patch to me and I will take care of it.

Regards
Mark

Posted by Borut Bolčina <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Donszelmann <Ma...@slac.stanford.edu>.
Hi

Posted by Borut Bolčina <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Donszelmann <Ma...@slac.stanford.edu>.
Hi

Posted by Borut Bolčina <bo...@gmail.com>.
Yes, right now it is hardcoded like this:

for (JavaClass sc : c.getSuperClasses()) {
    if (sc.getClassName().contains("RemoteObject")) {
        cmdLine.add(classFile.getName());
        filesForStubs.add(classFile.getName());
        break;
    }
}

I am battling class loaders at the moment. I will explore different
approaches also, so the solution is not just around the corner.

Cheers,
Borut

Posted by Wouter Hermeling <wh...@gmail.com>.
Sounds nice,

Posted by Borut Bolčina <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wouter Hermeling <wh...@gmail.com>.
Realized i could post the second patch right away, see
htttp://bugs.freehep.org/browse/RMICPLUGIN-1 -
freehep-rmic-plugin-patch2.txt for the new features.

Posted by Wouter Hermeling <wh...@gmail.com>.