Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Sailaja Mada <sa...@citrix.com> on 2013/04/03 08:27:38 UTC

[ACS42][QA]Limit Resources - Internal Error when there are no resources available

Hi,

I have set the limit to use x amount of resources for the Domain Admin account. When there are not enough resources available and tried to deploy VM,  this user gets the message as "Internal error executing command, please contact your system administrator"  .

Only in the Management Server log  , root user can get the reason why it failed as INFO Message : 2013-04-03 11:50:59,813 INFO  [cloud.api.ApiServer] (catalina-exec-18:null) Maximum number of resources of type 'cpu' for domain id=3 has been exceeded."

Is there any reason why we can not provide the root cause for failure to Child Domain Account ?

Thanks,
Sailaja.M

Re: [ACS42][QA]Limit Resources - Internal Error when there are no resources available

Posted by prasanna <ts...@apache.org>.
Surfacing an exception that makes sense based on the role of the user
receiving the exception will require a more fundamental change: The
error message you see is basically the cleaned version of what the
admin sees. Looking at the ApiServer you'll see that whether the user
context receives - InsufficientCapacityException,
ResourceAllocationException, ResourceUnavailableException or just any
other generic exception the api decides to throw - the user will
receive the 'internal error' message. And the class of APIs that will
see this kind of filtering is anything that implements the BaseCmd
which is just about every API in cloudstack :)

Posted by Sailaja Mada <sa...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Ahmad Emneina <ae...@gmail.com>.