Posted to user@sqoop.apache.org by "arvind@cloudera.com" <ar...@cloudera.com> on 2011/09/08 20:06:40 UTC

Re: [sqoop-user] General question on Sqoop behavior

[Moving the conversation to sqoop-user@incubator.apache.org. Please
subscribe to that list.]

Sqoop uses mysqlimport/mysqldump utilities only if you specify the
--direct option on the command line. If you do not specify this
option, Sqoop will use the regular MySQLManager which internally
relies only on JDBC for access.

Thanks,
Arvind