Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Ed Murphy <em...@email.arizona.edu> on 2004/05/25 23:08:29 UTC

Can't check out working copy

OK, I've installed the requirements and followed the instructions for
bootstraping from a Tarball per the install docs.  But when I go to
check out a real Subversion working copy I get the following error:

$ ./svn checkout http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk svn
subversion/libsvn_ra/ra_loader.c:209: (apr_err=170000)
svn: Unrecognized URL scheme 'http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk'

What is causing this error?

Info on my system:
Red Hat AS v2.1
Subversion 1.0.3
Neon 0.24.5
Berkeley DB 4.2.52
Apache 2.0.49

Thanks for the help,

Ed Murphy
The University of Arizona

Re: Can't check out working copy

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Tue, 2004-05-25 at 18:08, Ed Murphy wrote:

> $ ./svn checkout http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk svn
> subversion/libsvn_ra/ra_loader.c:209: (apr_err=170000)
> svn: Unrecognized URL scheme 'http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk'

Looks like your client has no neon library linked into it.  Run 'svn
--version' to see all available RA layers and supported URL schemas.