Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Bill Goffe <go...@Oswego.EDU> on 2005/12/21 06:14:09 UTC

Thanks!

I wanted to say thanks to everybody here (and in the past on the
developers list) for help with my Economics Search Engine
<http://ese.rfe.org>. I wouldn't have been able to get it running without
the suggestions I've received.

I entered it onto the list of Public Servers on the wiki.

         - Bill

P.S. Vertical search engines seem to be on something of an upswing. There
     was an article in the Wall Street Journal on Monday, 12/19/05:
     "Beyond Google," Kevin Delaney, p. R1
     http://online.wsj.com/article/SB113459260842822579.html (likely need
     an account with them) and Jupiter will be having a web cast on them
     http://www.jupiterwebevents.com/webcasts/looksmart_012506.html .

         | Bill Goffe                 goffe@oswego.edu          |
         | Department of Economics    voice: (315) 312-3444     |
         | SUNY Oswego                fax:   (315) 312-5444     |
         | 416 Mahar Hall             <http://cook.rfe.org>     |
         | Oswego, NY  13126                                    |
| "Well, in fact, I was very surprised. I thought it would kill me."        |
|   -- The balloonist Steve Fossett on his descent out of a thunderstorm    |
|      into the Coral Sea that ended his attempt to circumnavigate the      |
|      world in a balloon in August, 1998.                                  |