Posted to cvs@avalon.apache.org by pr...@apache.org on 2002/07/30 18:48:47 UTC

cvs commit: jakarta-avalon-excalibur/fortress/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/fortress/lookup FortressComponentManager.java FortressComponentSelector.java

proyal      2002/07/30 09:48:47

  Removed:     fortress/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/fortress/lookup
                        FortressComponentManager.java
                        FortressComponentSelector.java
  Log:
  These appear to not be used anymore.

RE: cvs commit: jakarta-avalon-excalibur/fortress/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/fortress/lookup FortressComponentManager.java FortressComponentSelector.java

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
> From: Peter Royal [mailto:proyal@apache.org]
> > >   Log:
> > >   These appear to not be used anymore.
>
> Used where and by whom?
>
> The AbstractContainer is Serviceable. Any components hosted
> inside of it that
> are Composable get a ComponentManager via
> ServiceComponentManager. I have no
> problem replacing, I am just curious as to where they are used.

You are right.  You just removed FortressComponentManager/Selector,
so is ok.

Posted by Peter Royal <pr...@apache.org>.
On Tuesday 30 July 2002 12:49 pm, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> They *should* be used!
>
> Please replace them!
>
> > proyal      2002/07/30 09:48:47
> >
> >   Removed:     fortress/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/fortress/lookup
> >                         FortressComponentManager.java
> >                         FortressComponentSelector.java
> >   Log:
> >   These appear to not be used anymore.

Used where and by whom?

The AbstractContainer is Serviceable. Any components hosted inside of it that
are Composable get a ComponentManager via ServiceComponentManager. I have no
problem replacing, I am just curious as to where they are used.

"Show Usages" in IDEA showed nothing.
-pete

--
peter royal -> proyal@apache.org