Posted to dev@bloodhound.apache.org by Gary Martin <ga...@wandisco.com> on 2014/06/02 14:25:21 UTC

GSoC progress

Hi,

I hope the other mentors do not mind my comments but I'm just writing to
see if I can encourage all our students to discuss their progress a bit
more here.

For example, I am pleased to have noted that Thimal committed some code
towards the Dynamic Clientside Features branch over the weekend but it
would be nice to see a brief comment about the commits. One easy way to
do this if you are subscribed to the commits@bloodhound.apache.org list
is to reply to the automatically created commit email as the reply-to is
set to this list.

I believe seeing fairly regular commits and spotting discussion on the
dev list is a good way for your mentors to stay confident that you are
making good progress. You shouldn't think that your code needs to be
perfect before committing code at this point.

Anyway, it is always great to hear what you are working on or are about
to work on. Also, the sooner you let us know of any problems you are
having (or anticipating), the better!

Cheers,
     Gary

Re: GSoC progress

Posted by Gary Martin <ga...@wandisco.com>.
Thanks Thimal. Your comments look useful to me!

I'm not sure whether it goes without saying but if you do find you make
lots of smaller commits then I would expect everyone will be more than
happy with a summary of a number of commits as you just did. Hopefully
that will save you a bit of time in case you thought I meant an email
for every small change :)

Cheers,
     Gary

Re: GSoC progress

Posted by Thimal Kempitiya <tk...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Gray,

--

*Thimal Kempitiya <http://www.facebook.com/thimalk> UndergraduateDepartment
of Computer Science and Engineering University of Moratuwa.*