Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by "augustus.thoo" <au...@n2nconnect.com> on 2015/06/17 05:25:11 UTC

Can client node use IgniteQueue?

Hi,

I have a server node that creates an IgniteQueue. But I cannot seem to get a
client node to access the server queue.

Server node :
  1. ignite.queue("queue", 1000, new CollectionConfiguration());  // default
CollectionConfiguration

Client node :
  1. IgniteConfiguration.setClientMode(true);
  2. ignite.queue("queue", 0, null);  // returns null ==> cannot access
server node queue

Is it possible for client node to obtain queues in this manner? Could anyone
show me how it is done?

Thank you.

Re: Can client node use IgniteQueue?

Posted by "augustus.thoo" <au...@n2nconnect.com>.
Hi vkulichenko,

Thank you for the reply.

Don't worry on my end. It is not critical as I was evaluating IgniteQueue
API functions and the workaround is to use server nodes for the moment.

I look forward to the next update. Thanks again.

Re: Can client node use IgniteQueue?

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi augustus.thoo,

Your expectation is correct and this scenario should work, but it failed for
me as well - I will create a ticket. The issue looks critical, so I think it
will be fixed in the nearest Ignite release, as well as in the next GridGain
community edition, which is going to come out this week. I'll let you know
in this thread once it's available.

Thanks!

Re: Can client node use IgniteQueue?

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
The original issue [1] was fixed long ago, but there is another one [2] that
was fixed in 2.4 (so not released yet).

-Val

Re: Can client node use IgniteQueue?

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Hi,

What kind of issue did you hit? Do we have any ticket opened for it?

—
Denis

Posted by arunkjn <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hi,