Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Fabiano Choueiri <fa...@camara.gov.br> on 2006/01/16 14:45:31 UTC

Getting the name of the component being redered.

	Hi all.

	I made a component that consists in two validfields ( month and
year ) and they are working fine.
	What I want is that when the first input text (Month) is
completely filled the focus goes to the
	next field (Year).  I tried a simple javascript but when
Tapestry renders the input texts I dont know  the names generated to
that input text and I need the name to make the javascript.

	How can I get the name of the input text and other html elemenst
generated by Tapestry ?

Re: Getting the name of the component being redered.

Posted by Numa Schmeder <nu...@euroconsumers.com>.
Hello,

First you must give a name to your components to be able to retrieve it:
then in the java:
getComponents("test").getName();
or in the html:
the name of my component is <span jwcid="@InsertText"
value="ognl:components.test.name">Test name</span>

It works the same for any tapestry components, TextField etc...

<input type="text" jwcid="test@TextField" value="ognl:testFieldValue"/>
then in the java:
getComponents("test").getName();
or in the html:
the name of my component is <span jwcid="@InsertText"
value="ognl:components.test.name">Test name</span>

Bye
Numa