Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Prithish <pr...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/26 16:31:55 UTC

Custom log4j.properties on AWS EMR

Hoping someone can answer this.

I am unable to override and use a Custom log4j.properties on Amazon EMR. I
am running Spark on EMR (Yarn) and have tried all the below combinations in
the Spark-Submit to try and use the custom log4j.

In Client mode
--driver-java-options
"-Dlog4j.configuration=hdfs://host:port/user/hadoop/log4j.properties"

In Cluster mode
--conf
"spark.driver.extraJavaOptions=-Dlog4j.configuration=hdfs://host:port/user/hadoop/log4j.properties"

I have also tried picking from local filesystem using file://// instead of
hdfs. None of this seem to work. However, I can get this working when
running on my local Yarn setup.

Any ideas?

I have also posted on Stackoverflow (link below)
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/42452622/custom-log4j-properties-on-aws-emr

Re: Custom log4j.properties on AWS EMR

Posted by Prithish <pr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your response Jonathan. Yes, this works. I also added another
way of achieving this to the Stackoverflow post. Thanks for the help.

Posted by Jonathan Kelly <jo...@gmail.com>.
Prithish,

I saw you posted this on SO, so I responded there just now. See
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/42452622/custom-log4j-properties-on-aws-emr/42516161#42516161

Posted by Prithish <pr...@gmail.com>.