Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Caroline Jen <ji...@yahoo.com> on 2005/02/18 13:24:20 UTC

[OT]Struts Application + Eclipse + NitroX

I am building a Struts application using the Eclipse.
The NitroX, which can be found at
http://www.m7.com
looks like a neat JSP debugging tool.  I have
downloaded the NitroX JSP Editor (free) and the NitroX
for Struts IDE (trial for 15 days).

How do I set up the NitroX in the Eclipse to work with
my web application? Has anybody done it? Could you
share the experience? Thank you.

Re: [OT]Struts Application + Eclipse + NitroX

Posted by J Q <ja...@gmail.com>.
Yes, it actually does with standard Eclipse. It's plugin just like any
other Eclipse plugin. During the installation you can choose to
install it standalone (pre-bundled with its own Eclipse 3.x) or choose
your existing Eclipse installation and it will simply put a plugin in
there.

The best way to integrate it with your app is probably to recreate it
by choosing "Create New Web project" instead of Java Project.

Then, if you don't have your "view"/"root"/"whatever you call it"
folder as the real root of your folder structure, you can go to the
file called .m7project and change the enter
<sometag_I_forgetWhichOne>./</....> to <...>./yourRootFolder<...>

Your root folder should contain a WEB-INF folder with web.xml. NitroX
should pick it up and analyze your application from there.

It's not a complete step by step explanation, but it should point you
in the right direction.

JQ.

Posted by Frank Schaare <lo...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

Re: Displaying mulitpage results

Posted by Peter Neu <pe...@gmx.net>.
OK, your are right this is too much work. I tried to use the display tag
in my application. But there is an error thrown:

Failed to load or instantiate TagExtraInfo class:
org.displaytag.tags.TableTagExtraInfo

I used Tomcat 5.27 and the 1.2 display-tag. Did you encounter this
problem as well?

Regards,

Peter

Posted by Bing Qiao <qi...@gmail.com>.