Posted to dev@buildr.apache.org by Antoine Toulme <an...@lunar-ocean.com> on 2010/04/05 23:13:23 UTC

Seg faults with RJB

I could witness today seg faults with RJB.

I think it comes down to a simple explanation. RJB was installed first with
a JDK5. When the user tried to use Buildr with JDK6, he ran into seg faults
since the code had been compiled for an other version of the JDK.

I think the problem was always there and explains quite a lot of the issues
we faced in the past.

I'd like a honest feedback on this: is there more to it than it seems ? Am I
right to suspect that RJB is bound to a particular VM and that we are stuck
with that VM for running Buildr once the compilation occurred ?

Thanks,

Antoine

Re: Seg faults with RJB

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@lunar-ocean.com>.
So maybe this relates to JDK6 32 bits. JDK6 64 bit works well for me and
nobody complains of JDK5.

Re: Seg faults with RJB

Posted by Alex Boisvert <al...@gmail.com>.