Posted to pluto-dev@portals.apache.org by Mehmet Baris KARAKAYA <mb...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/03 11:16:08 UTC

PageRegistry

Hi all,

Is there a way to bypass the pageRegistry and getting the portlet
locations from database which we will define.

the main problem is that I want to place portlets according to user
preferences. Every user can place their portlets any where in the main
page when they login to my portal (which we have developed newly).

If there is no way at this time, If required support is given to me. I
can develop this new feature.

any feedback appreciated.

warm regards

--barisk

Re: PageRegistry

Posted by Mehmet Baris KARAKAYA <mb...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Nick,

I have extended my new page registry implementation from PageRegistryService
and implemented getRootFragment(), getFragment() and addFragment() methods

warm regards...

--baris

Re: PageRegistry

Posted by Nick Lothian <ni...@mackmo.com>.

Re: PageRegistry

Posted by Mehmet Baris KARAKAYA <mb...@gmail.com>.
Hi David,

I have examine the config files about page registry which is
pageregistry.xml and its mapping file pageregistrymapping.xml  under
WEB-INF/data/xml/.
I guess ,in /WEB-INF/Config/services.property file, the implementation
file of pageregistry can be redefined and we will implement this
class;

org.apache.pluto.portalImpl.services.pageregistry.PageRegistryService
= org.apache.pluto.portalImpl.services.pageregistry.PageRegistryServiceFileImpl

Then PageRegistry.java, PageRegistryService.java,
PageRegistryServiceFileImpl.java files are the main files which we
will change for getting portlet locations from database as I told you
before.

And as much as I understand, the PageRegistryServiceFileImpl.java has
load() function that unmarshalizes the pageregistry xml file according
to its mapping file.

So please tell me, the files that are unmarshalized are casted to
portalImpl class which holds completely portlet localization
structure. Will I create database structure according to FragmentImpl,
NavigationImpl,PortalImpl and PropertyImpl classes? I mean If I create
database structure according to these classes especially
fragmentImpl.java the mapping will be more easily ehh?

warm regards

NOTE: Not only David, comments from other developers are appreciated!

--baris

Re: PageRegistry

Posted by "David H. DeWolf" <dd...@apache.org>.