Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Pierre Métras <ge...@sympatico.ca> on 2000/11/16 18:20:20 UTC

Connection reset by peer on image rollover

Hi

A new problem appeared recently on my Tomcat 3.2B6 + Struts 0.5 application.
I am experiencing more and more "Connection reset by peer" exceptions.

Could it be:
- A bug in my code, though I don't remind big changes and it seems to appear
in all the pages, even those untouched...
- A new feature in the new SP1 for Internet Explorer 5.5 and incompatibility
with tomcat.
- A normal behaviour...

I've traced the problem where I can sometimes reproduce it to some image
rollover buttons. From my understanding, if the the mouse fires a image
change in the rollover, the browser should change the image without the need
for a new connection to the server as all the images have been loaded in its
cache.

I've tried to reproduce the problem with Nestcape 6 Beta 2 but it doesn't
fire on the rollover buttons. And the final version of Netscape 6 doesn't
want to setup on my PC!

Here is the exception stack:
2000-11-16 11:59:28 - PoolTcpEndpoint: Endpoint
ServerSocket[addr=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0,port=0,localport=8080] ignored exception:
java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer -
java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.accept(PlainSocketImpl.java:413)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.implAccept(ServerSocket.java:243)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.accept(ServerSocket.java:222)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpEndpoint.acceptSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:
286)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:393)
        at
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

I can't explain the addresses and port parameter for ServerSocket.

Could someone share some light with me?

Pierre Métras

Re: Tomcat 4.0 and Apache

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
YueMa wrote:

> Hi there,
> How can I config the Tomcat 4.0 with Apache together?
>
> I did that for Tomcat 3.0 but not so clear for 4.0

It's not clear because web connectors for Tomcat 4.0 do not exist yet.
They are planned for the next milestone, but no guarantees yet.

> Thanks for any help

Craig McClanahan

Tomcat 4.0 and Apache

Posted by YueMa <ma...@mail.nlm.nih.gov>.