Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Bernd Fehling <be...@uni-bielefeld.de> on 2011/01/07 13:45:03 UTC

DIH Transformer

Hi list,

currently the Transformers return row but can I skip
or drop a row from the Transformer?

If so, what should I return in that case, an empty row?

Regards,
Bernd

Re: DIH Transformer

Posted by Gora Mohanty <go...@mimirtech.com>.
On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 6:15 PM, Bernd Fehling
<be...@uni-bielefeld.de> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> currently the Transformers return row but can I skip
> or drop a row from the Transformer?
[...]

I presume that you are referring to a ScriptTransformer.

Just do not return anything, e.g.,you can make the return
of a row conditional on some value:

function skipRow( row ) {
   if( row.get( 'hidden' ) == 'hidden' ) {
      return row;
   }
}

This would not index any rows that have a column "hidden"
with the value "hidden".

Regards,
Gora