Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com> on 2006/09/28 11:07:54 UTC

Re: [classlib][doc]Recommend to remove trunk\doc\kernel_doc and trunk\doc\vm_doc from svn repository.

This has been a problem for some time - I recall commenting out the call
to an ant target that cleaned that svn-checked out documentation.

If we are going to remove them, then I think we need to add them to the
website and ensure we update them regularly.  (So that they exist in a
form we can link to - I recall seeing links to the versions in svn in
the past.)

Regards,
 Mark.

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
Yep, the current situation is an artifact from way back -- I agree the
doc should be generated into the website are now.

Regards,
Tim

Mark Hindess wrote:
> This has been a problem for some time - I recall commenting out the call
> to an ant target that cleaned that svn-checked out documentation.
>
> If we are going to remove them, then I think we need to add them to the
> website and ensure we update them regularly.  (So that they exist in a
> form we can link to - I recall seeing links to the versions in svn in
> the past.)
>
> Regards,
>  Mark.
>
> On 28 September 2006 at 16:30, Paulex Yang <pa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Leo Li wrote:
>>> Hi, all:
>>>     I have fixed the script to generate vm_doc but there is a problem:
>>> the
>>> newly generated vm_doc will override the original one which is under
>>> control
>>> of svn. Thus it will lead to build failure since vm_doc lacks from the
>>> perspective of svn.
>> LOL, is it a problem of build script?
>>> Since the content under the directories
>>> of  trunk\doc\kernel_doc and trunk\doc\vm_doc can be generated
>>> accordingly,
>>> I recommend to remove them from svn control as the doc of classlib does.
>>>
>> Hmm...just had a look at the classlib/trunk/doc directory, I agree that
>> current structure is interesting, there are three config files for
>> Doxygen: kernel/kernel.cfg, classlib/classlib.cfg and
>> vminterface/natives.cfg(I guess, for kernel class, classlib and native
>> vmi respectively), while only two directories with Doxygen genereated
>> documents: kernel_doc and vm_doc. IMHO, there is no reason to put the
>> Doxygen generated files into SVN, which just like .class compiled by
>> javac. I vote to remove the two directories, and keep the config files
>> only. And, maybe we can add a "build-doc" target in the
>> classlib/trunk/build.xml to make document creation more handy.
>>
>> --
>> Paulex Yang
>> China Software Development Lab
>> IBM