Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Andreas Busch <An...@ilogics.de> on 2005/02/25 09:59:40 UTC

Serving Content (XML/JPEGS) from Datababase

Im a absolute beginner to cocoon !

I have read over the  Documentation and the Cocoon book (Building
XML-Applications)
We have a system that generates XML for producing catalogues !
the XML will be rendert in Indesign.
I think about using cocoon to render the same XML for lower quality output
(HTML maybe pdf)

there are 2 thinks not realy clear to me.

1. I need to get the xml-Stream from the Database (it's Oracle using
xml-type (CLOB also possible)
2. I  need to read images from database as well (BLOB)

for the 2 point i have found Imagereader and Databasereader
as I understand, they are not combinable into a pipeline ?

I need any glue to get a Idea to implement this in Cocoon philosophy (maybe
without writing a spezial servlet )

Thanks a lot

Andreas Busch