Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Tammo van Lessen <ta...@iaas.uni-stuttgart.de> on 2007/12/07 15:34:33 UTC

JSR 262 service engine

Hi devs,

since most of the management stuff in JBI/ServiceMix is handled via JMX,
I'm wondering whether it is planned to provide an JSR262
(ws-jmx-connector, JMX via WS) service engine which exposes an internal
endpoint providing a WSDM interface to manage ServiceMix and its components.

Are there any efforts planned in this direction?

Thanks,
  Tammo

--
Tammo van Lessen
Institute of Architecture of Application Systems |Tel. (+49)711 7816 487

Re: JSR 262 service engine

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
I haven't had a look at the spec yet.
Why do you think a Service Engine would be required for that ?
I mean, if it's just a JMX remote connector, it could be implemented using
cxf as a pure JMX connector without any ties to JBI.

Also, there at least two implementations of WSDM with an apache license:
  http://ws.apache.org/muse/
  https://wiseman.dev.java.net/

Maybe we could leverage one of those.

On Dec 7, 2007 3:34 PM, Tammo van Lessen <
tammo.van.lessen@iaas.uni-stuttgart.de> wrote:

> Hi devs,
>
> since most of the management stuff in JBI/ServiceMix is handled via JMX,
> I'm wondering whether it is planned to provide an JSR262
> (ws-jmx-connector, JMX via WS) service engine which exposes an internal
> endpoint providing a WSDM interface to manage ServiceMix and its
> components.
>
> Are there any efforts planned in this direction?
>
> Thanks,
>  Tammo
>
> --
> Tammo van Lessen
> Institute of Architecture of Application Systems |Tel. (+49)711 7816 487
> University of Stuttgart                          |Fax. (+49)711 7816 472
> Universitaetsstr. 38, 70569 Stuttgart            |Room 1.132

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet