Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Michael McKibben <mi...@hihat.net> on 2001/10/18 01:52:55 UTC

Re: Avalon vs. EJB (JBoss)

I am not sure it is a question of one or the other! You may be able to
have your cake and eat it too. JBoss is bootstrapped as a JMX MBean, so in
the future (or maybe already today) Phoenix will be able to start up JBoss
via the JBoss bootstrap MLET file.

On the other hand, you can also embed Phoenix inside JBoss by writing a
simple JBoss MBean service which loads a sar via
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.embeddor.SingleAppEmbeddor.

Also, you can still build applications using Avalon within the J2EE
Framework. Cocoon is an excellent example of this.

--mike